BLOG NOTICE

I have noticed that there is an increase in the occurrence of readers of a pedantic frame of mind, and those who are easily offended, to accuse me of using sweeping generalisations and hyperbole. It is what I do. I am a polemicist and humourist and sweeping generalisations and hyperbole are the tools of my trade. Just like my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, my generalisations are sweeping and my boles are hyper all of the time (see The Bible). I do it for effect and brevity. I'm not going to stop.

Therefore, I would be grateful if those of you who have been trained in the noble art of nit-picking would mentally insert the word "some" in front of all nouns that you come across in my posts and comments. I would do it myself if it wasn't for the fact that it would reduce the humour quotient of my posts to zilch and make me look like some stuffy old shirt who always tries to understand the other person's point of view (see "Caption Competition" below).

Carry on.