Joy Casey, for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting her, is the director of Adoption Ministry of Youth With A Mission. Joy not only heads up the domestic side of the ministry, but in 2007 she answered God's call to begin an international adoption ministry in Ethiopia. Joy had no idea what God had in mind but it has been immeasurably more than she could have asked or imagined!
Today Joy begins a three week working visit to Ethiopia. She will do quite a bit of traveling as she visits YWAM works in Addis Ababa, Adama, T'ede, Gimbie and Nekemte - all cities where Adoption Ministry is helping to meet the physical and spiritual needs of widows and orphans. As she is able (electricity being extremely unreliable), she'll be emailing me with updates.
Please join with me in praying for Joy for the following:
- physical strength and protection
- ability to meet with every contact she needs to make
- favor with those in leadership positions
- insight into what is needed in each location
- wisdom in decision-making
- opportunity for taking pictures and video of new and current children for our 'Waiting Children' list and those already matched with families
- fellowship and encouragement between Joy and our staff in Ethiopia
- good sleep and rest - then energy for each day's work!